Friday, October 15, 2010

Jacob's Creek Non-Vintage Chardonnay - Pinot Noir Brut Cuvee, $16.99

OK. What's up with all these non-vintage wines lately? Well, like I've mentioned before, if the price is right & the taste is good, bring it.

I adore a good bubbly, even more so at a good price, and I have never seen this bottle before. Sure, I've seen Jacob's Creek, and I love them for putting out a decent wine at a decent price. Their other wines can be found everywhere. This one I found by accident at a little packey near Shady Glen in the Manchester Parkade. Actually, I was kinda surprised when I went in there, b/c they have a LOT of stuff I haven't seen before, even though they have a small selection.

A sparkling wine calls for a champagne flute. I love looking at all the bubbles in this glass. Actually, I love hearing them pop in the flute next to me, sort of like a Rice Krispies cereal pop.

On the nose, I smell a little bit of yeast, a little bit of apple. Green apple, sliced, crisp & crunchy. Mmm. But mostly, I smell joy. This sparkling wine is meant to be opened for happy occasions.

There's not much on the palate, the effervescence totally takes over & nullifies the taste till the back of my tongue. From there, I can taste a little more of that green sliced apple taste along with some French baguette, mixed with nut flavors - walnut, mostly, with some hazelnut & almond. There's a touch of oak in here, as well there should, since this is an 80 - 20 blend in favor of the chard.

Another thing I should mention: this sparkler glides down my throat. Despite the 12% alcohol content & the loud pop of those beautiful bubbles, this goes down clean & easy. I am in love.

SPEED, don't just drive, to the Manchester Parkade to find this beauty. It's that good, I promise. Learn more at www.jacobscreek.com.au.

Cheers!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment